Thursday, November 17, 2011

JOHN PESCORAN. PROMO PHOTO. 2010.

JOHN PESCORAN. Photography: 2010. San Francisco, CA.
-
Here's a somewhat rare promotional picture from the Electricityscape series. This picture was taken during a very dark and troubling time in my life. Every time I look at it - it reminds me to always persevere forward-no matter what. Someone near and dear to me was also going through some strenuous times, and so, I felt it was my duty to stay focused, remain determined even though times were very grim. I couldn't just let depression, anxiety and who knows what other dreadful feeling consume me. And so, a few days later I proceeded with working on the Elecitricityscape series-illustrations, paintings, art book and even video-art. Yeah, I really like a good challenge. Sometimes, when life gets rough, I'm able to create, and other times it's best I properly regenerate my mind, body and soul.

I guess now would be a good time to let you know that a lot of my surreal pop art is inspired by perseverance, staying optimistic in spite of life's many obstacles. I've noticed, and have been told, my art emits some sort of feeling of Hope, it brims with chaos control/Surreal-Pop - it combines pleasant, illuminating pop-art colors with dreamlike, chaotic nature of surrealism. I hope my artwork conjures up feelings of optimism or some kinda elated feeling - or any feeling, for that matter. Well, I really could go on and on, and perhaps I should, but, it's been a very long day and I most definitely need to recharge my brain.

-John Pescoran. 11/2011